Double Trouble by Susan May Warren Book Review


I was super-duper excited when I found out that I was going to be part of the LitFuse blog-tour for Susan May Warren's second PJ Sugar novel, Double Trouble.

PJ Sugar is an amateur private investigator, a newbie christian, a former trouble-maker and seems to see crime everywhere she goes. Funnily enough, she's right about half the time. It's when she's wrong that Ms. Warren's writing really shines. In Double Trouble, there are multiple suspects, multiple love interests, flying donuts, car wrecks, unusual in-laws, kidnappings, jewelry heists, clever critters, tattoos and to round it out, a little of God's grace.

I'm a serious fan of Susan May Warren's work. She's got a great sense of the ridiculous, and an easy, unpreachy way of looking at the divine. Each character is very real, and PJ's quest for spiritual truth is written in a totally accessible way. No one is perfect, and some of us struggle with our imperfections more than others. You've got to read the book (which works just fine as a stand-alone) to find out how (or if) PJ reconciles her troubled past with her present; and maybe even her future.

You might remember that I raved about another of Susan May Warren's books, The Christmas Bowl, for very similar reasons. I love it when a story can make me laugh out-loud. I love it even more when it's in such a clever context. Thank you, Susan, for continuing to provide this reader with hope and guffaws. I can't wait for the next one.


In the interest of full disclosure, I was given a copy of Double Trouble by Susan May Warren to read by LitFuse Group and Tyndale Fiction in exchange for a fair and objective review. I did not take payment from the publisher or author of this book beyond a copy of the book in question. Disclosure Policy
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

0 Response to "Double Trouble by Susan May Warren Book Review"

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates