Airwear made my glasses lighter




And safer. And greener, too.




See... I have a gnarly eyeball issue, in that the sight in one eye is hugely, disproportionately more degraded than the other. What that means for my eyewear is one regular lens, and one coke-bottle, super heavy (headache-inducing) lens. Which tended to makes my glasses lopsided. I know vanity is silly, but I felt incredibly silly. So I just wouldn't wear my glasses at all. Then along comes Airwear's magical polycarbonate lens. Polycarbonate weighs less than glass or plastic, and doesn't distort, so that a higher prescription can still be pretty thin. (Yay!)


Did I tell you about when I was fourteen and I dropped my glasses on the black-top between classes in junior high just two weeks after getting them? Did I mention the huge scratch directly in the center of the left eye? (My bad one.) Did I perhaps already explain that as the oldest of six kids I knew there was absolutely NO WAY I was going to be able to get a replacement pair? You can bet that I was bummed. And then I was busted! I don't think I ever managed to keep an unscratched lens. (I'm still traumatized, as you can tell.)

Imagine how excited I was when I found out that Airwear eyeglass lenses, (manufactured by Essilor,) which are made of polycarbonate, are more impact- and scratch- resistant than standard plastic lenses. This makes my whole world a better place. Seriously, the kids have tried to destroy them and are thwarted every time. No worries about my glasses hitting the ground or getting tossed in an impromptu game of catch. Even the puppy has made an attempt on them, and guess what? No scratches. That's what I'm talking about!

Beyond the increased durability, Airwear lenses are made using eco-conscious manufacturing practices like recycled water and 100% recyclable packaging. Then the company re-purposes their unused material for other industries, thereby conserving millions of gallons of water and eliminating 570,000 pounds of plastic waste. Check out www.LighterSaferGreener.com for more ways that Essilor is working toward a greener world.

If you're looking for new lenses, please, please take a look at Airwear lenses. Ask your eye care professional about them. They are amazing, and I don't know how I ever lived without them!

I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Airwear and received a pair of Airwear eyeglass lenses to thank me for taking the time to participate.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

0 Response to "Airwear made my glasses lighter"

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates