Friday December 4
of Art - Christmas Tree and Neapolitan Baroque Crèche now on display for the holiday season (through January 6) featuring daily lighting ceremonies. Metropolitan Museum
- Noshes and Nibbles in the West Village and SoHo - (10am–1pm) Taste delectable artisan treats, fresh mozzarella, sublime chocolate, Sicilian rice balls and homemade cannoli. End the tour with a glass of award-winning wine from a local winery. Meet outside Amy's Bread,
250 Bleecker Streetat Leroy Street.
- Target Free Fridays at MoMA - Admission is free for all visitors during Target Free Friday Nights, sponsored by Target, every Friday evening, 4:00–8:00 p.m. Tickets for Target Free Friday Nights are not available in advance. The line for Target Free Friday Night tickets can be long, so consider arriving after 6:00 p.m. Includes free film screenings.
Saturday December 5
- Mustaches for Kids presents: 'Stache Bash 2009 - $20 7:30–10:30pm The Bash is both a party to celebrate a month worth of fundraising for DonorsChoose.org, a charity which improves underfunded NYC public schools, and also a terrifying Thunderdome-style competition; one which mercilessly pits one Mustache against the other - friend against friend, brother against brother -- until only the Sweetest 'Stache remains. This sole survivor will be crowned the Mustache King of
. $20 includes FREE wine and beer until 9:30PM. Galapagos Art Space 16 Main St DUMBO, Brooklyn 718.222.8500 Directions: A/C to New York | F to High St-Brooklyn Bridge York Street.
Sunday December 6
- BUST Holiday Craftacular - $2 10am–7:30pm BUST magazine's annual Craftacular is an all-day shop-o-rama boasting more than 200 vendors hawking their spectacular handmade goods, from knitwear, jewelry, and home décor to vintage clothing. And if you want a really good gift, take home one of the adorable and adoptable pets from Animal Care and Control NYC, who are in attendance. FYI: Craftacular 2008 saw over 6,000 shoppers, so get there early; as an added kick in the morning pants, the first 500 attendees get a goodie bag BUST-ing with treats. Metropolitan Pavilion 125 W 18th St. 212.463.0071
- Country Christmas with Cooper Boone and Angela Kaset - $15 2–3:30pm. Joe's Pub 425
Lafayette St.212.967.7555 for tickets 212.539.8778 for table reservations
Thursday December 10
- Peter & the Wolf - $30, $25 members, $10 students Thu – Mon 4 and 5:30 pm. Isaac Mizrahi and the Juilliard Ensemble, conducted by New York City Opera’s George Manahan, bring Sergei Prokofiev’s charming children’s classic to life with a new installation of sculptures by the renowned New Orleans–based art collective YA/YA (Young Aspirations/Young Artists). Recommended for children ages 5 and older. Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum 1071 5th Ave 212 423 3500 Directions: Subway: 4, 5, or 6 train to
86th St; Bus: M1, M2, M3, or M4 to or Madison 5th Ave
Saturday December 12
- NY Theater Ballet Company: The Nutcracker Ballet – $36 Sat & Sun, 11am–noon, 1–2pm & 3:30–4:30pm Florence Gould Hall 55 E 59th St.
Sunday December 13
- Baby Loves Disco: Dance For a Cause - $15 12pm 5% of ticket sales will benefit the National Down Syndrome Society. (Le) Poisson Rouge 158 Bleecker St 212.505.3474
Sunday December 20
- Free Holiday Concert at the Guggenheim – Sun – Mon 6pm Celebrate the season with the joyous sound of holiday music in the museum’s Frank Lloyd Wright–designed rotunda in what has become a revered annual tradition. Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum 1071 5th Ave. 212 423 3500 Directions: Subway: 4, 5, or 6 train to
86th St; Bus: M1, M2, M3, or M4 to or Madison 5th Ave.