The Christmas Kitchen by Tammy Maltby Book Review

It is time for a FIRST Wild Card Tour book review! If you wish to join the FIRST blog alliance, just click the button. We are a group of reviewers who tour Christian books. A Wild Card post includes a brief bio of the author and a full chapter from each book toured. The reason it is called a FIRST Wild Card Tour is that you never know if the book will be fiction, non~fiction, for young, or for old...or for somewhere in between! Enjoy your free peek into the book!

You never know when I might play a wild card on you!


Today's Wild Card author is:


and the book:


The Christmas Kitchen

Howard Books (October 6, 2009)

***Special thanks to Jennifer Willingham of Simon and Schuster for sending me a review copy.***

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:


Tammy Maltby is a writer, speaker, and media personality. For eight years, she was the co-host of the Emmy Award-winning television talk show, Aspiring Women. She serves on the board of the National Women’s Ministry Association, Christian Women in Media and Arts, and Women of Courage International. She and her family live in Colorado Springs, CO.


Visit the author's website.

Product Details:

List Price: $14.99
Hardcover: 132 pages
Publisher: Howard Books (October 6, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1416587659
ISBN-13: 978-1416587651

AND NOW...THE FIRST CHAPTER:


Press this picture to browse inside the entire book:


I wish I could accurately explain how much I loved this little book o'cheer. Tammy Maltby may actually love both food and Christmas more than I do. I love that she emphasizes the importance of a kitchen in the home, and especially around the holidays. I love that she always brings it back to pleasing God, and reveling in the joy of family. I actually flagged about 15 pages in The Christmas Kitchen (I never, ever do that!) so that I'll know which of the many recipes and ideas I'll be rolling out this season.

Ladies (and gentlemen, too!) I hope you purchase this book, I really do. I hope it inspires you to reach out to your loved ones. I hope it reminds you of why we celebrate Christmas. Merry Christmas and God Bless to you all!

In the interest of full disclosure, I was given a copy of The Christmas Kitchen by Tammy Maltby to read by FIRST Wild Card in exchange for a fair and objective review. I did not take payment from the publisher or author of this book beyond a copy of the book in question. Disclosure Policy
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

0 Response to "The Christmas Kitchen by Tammy Maltby Book Review"

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates