I'm so excited to be hosting a giveaway for these incredible products. And better, that there will be SIX winners. That's right! Six winners in all!
Okay... I shouldn't get ahead of myself here. Let's talk about My Precious Kid.
Based in Oregon, My Precious Kid was founded by Kay Green, a Christian homeschooling mom whose ideas about ID tags for her own kiddos soon grew to the over 150 product retail store in her hometown. What an incredible company! Check out their mission statement:
My Precious Kid Child Safety Products Manufacturer of Oregon is founded on Christian values of truth, honesty, integrity, human worth, and the value of all children. Our mission is to provide "A Gift of Safety - child safety and baby gear products for your precious child."
I was very fortunate (and super-excited!) to be able to review The Child Safety Pack and The Child Safety Guide for New and Expecting Parents.
The Child Safety Pack came with:
- 1 - Child ID Card
- 1 - Child Car Seat ID Card
- 1 - Medical Release Card
- 1 - Child Luggage Tag ID Card& velcro
- 2 - Shoe ID Stickers
- 1 - Disposable Child ID bracelet
- 1 - Child DNA Fingerprint Kit, which includes a Fingerprinting Card, FBI approved Ink strip, and a DNA Sample Bag with Instructions!
Every single item was easy to use, and exhaustive in contingency coverage. I am especially a fan of the carseat tag. In the case of an automotive accident in which my husband and/or I were incapacitated, the information on that card would be invaluable to rescue personnel.
At just 16 dollars, I can't imagine why any parent wouldn't immediately get a set for each child in their home. I am a believer in the numbers. I know that according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, 800,000 children younger than 18 are missing each year, or an average of 2,000 children reported missing each day. I've had that terrifying moment when you realize that your child is nowhere to be found. I was very fortunate that the entire episode lasted less than two minutes, but I promise you that the terror I felt has not yet left me, more than two and a half years later.
The other great item I received is The Child Safety Guide for New and Expecting Parents. It is chock-full of useful information and tips with sections like Sleep Safe Baby, Car Seats Made Simple, and Hazards To Young Children. Written in simple, but non-alarming language, the guide is a must-have for the nervous new parent in your life. I found the appendices to be invaluable.
On to the giveaway!!!! One winner will receive The Child Safety Pack and The Child Safety Guide for New and Expecting Parents. Five other winners will receive a Car Seat ID.
Not only will there be six winners, but I'm giving you lots and lots of entries, too. One entry each, please, and you MUST leave an email, you can avoid spambots by typing it this way, jane [at] gmail [dot] com
- Head over to My Precious Kid, check out their product lines, and then comment on this post with your fave. (Must be something besides the book and safety pack.)
- Follow My Precious Kid on Twitter, and leave a comment here.
- Became a fan of My Precious Kid on Facebook, and leave a comment here.
- Subscribe to the My Precious Kid's blog, and leave a ... you get the idea, right?
- For extra love from me, you can fan me on facebook, publish my button on your sidebar, follow me on the right, or even subscribe to my rss. That would be awesome. and I really would love you mucho.
Entry period from Tuesday, November 11th through Saturday, November 14th. Winners will be chosen via random generator. I'll shoot out an email to the winning commenters emails. All winners will have 24 hours to respond, and I'll announce here on Monday.
One more thing. (I know, I know!) Kay Green has generously offered O'Joy readers a first time order coupon. Just type in 10FLL09 for 10% off at checkout. Thanks, Kay!
Good Luck & God Bless!