Yay! It's Ashram time!

I am so very happy that we'll be heading to the Sierra Nevada mountains shortly. We'll be attending the Sierra Christian Ashram at Camp Sierra in Big Creek, California. It's an amazing week of learning, fellowship, fun, and spiritual growth, and the food is pretty good, too!

Some of you may know already that I'm one of "those" Christians. Kinda subversive, actually. I'm a genuine believer, but I'm not willing to jump on the christian zealot bandwagon. I love my God enough to know that the people involved in the church love their God in a different way. I'm not calling it a good or bad thing, so much as a unique set of circumstances. We come to him as individuals, right?

My favorite thing about the ashram experience is that we come from different churches, sects, cities, flavors, circumstances, backgrounds, you name it. All individuals, all ready to come that much closer to our Lord.



I wish all of my readers could come and experience this with us, but I know it's not easy to drop everything. We had to make our plans in February in order to make sure that it all goes through! Getting two adults, one pre-schooler and one toddler cross-country is sooooo not a last-minute happening.

If you're interested in what a "Christian Ashram" is all about, please take a look at the Sierra Christian Ashram site. I think you'll be intrigued...

At any rate, I'll be out of touch for a bit, so there will be lots of guest articles, and pre-posts. I still love you, though, and I'll try to get at least a couple of updates (with pictures!) for you guys while I'm gone...
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Yay! It's Ashram time!"

  1. dave w Says:
    August 14, 2009 at 7:54 PM

    what a week..many pics up

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates