Guide to a Healthy Home & Growth Chart

When I was pregnant with my first child, I read (and re-read!) the What to Expect guides written by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel. Most moms I know can say the same. I can guarantee that when you see the phrase "What to Expect When..." you instantly know you're in for full disclosure, valuable information, and the straight-out truth. So when I heard that Clorox and Heidi Murkoff were teaming up to help moms keep their homes healthy, I just had to get in on it.

If you're a new mom, or a mom of an under-five year old, have I got a goodie for you. It's a downloadable Guide To A Healthy Home, brought to you by What To Expect and Clorox. Just click on the previous link, and you'll be brought to a page at Clorox.com specifically tailored to new moms. (Um, that's pretty cool in and of itself.)

As the proud mom of two kidlings under 5 years-old, you can bet your sweet bippy that I spend lots of time fighting off the inevitable germ infestation. Referencing the Guide to a Healthy Home is really an excellent way to do that.

I thought I might share a bit of my own hard-earned wisdom, too.

Keeping all feeding paraphernalia clean, sterilized and separate from our dirty dishes made a huge difference for my kiddos when they were infants. My son's allergies made cross-contamination a serious concern, but also, I just felt better knowing that I had one less thing to worry about.

As toddlers, I got them excited about brushing their teeth by allowing them to choose their own brushes, (appropriate) toothpaste, and then we worked up a routine. There are songs and silliness and you know what? My kids love to brush their teeth! Still, it's important to remember to rinse those brushes thoroughly and store them upright to dry. (This helps prevent bacteria from forming in the bristles.)

Now that my daughter is four, and at that stage where helping Momma is still pretty desirable, I put her to work with Anti-Bacterial wipes on her larger toys. (Knowing that she'll get bored eventually, I still take on the tedious task of finding, cleaning, and sorting through the various excess toys, and wiping all of that junk down!)

The What to Expect Guide to a Healthy Home even includes a handy Growth Chart, which I definitely recommend if you're the kind of mom who needs a visual aid! Perfect for one-month through five-year olds, you'll love all the great tips for keeping your home and kiddos healthy.

I'd love to read any of your own tips... Please share them with me!


In the interest of full disclosure:
*I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Clorox and the What to Expect Guide and received a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

0 Response to "Guide to a Healthy Home & Growth Chart"

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates