Taxes are fun!

Okay...you might think I'm crazy, but because we get our taxes done as soon as possible, April 15 is actually a fun day for us. (especially if we still have any of our refund left!) It's my Sis-in-Law's birthday, too, (Happy Birthday!) and that makes it even better.

So here are some treats for you:

First, a poem, not written by me!

Tax Poem


Tax his land, tax his wage,

Tax his bed in which he lays.

Tax his tractor, tax his mule,

Teach him taxes is the rule.

Tax his cow, tax his goat,
Tax his pants, tax his coat.
Tax his ties, tax his shirts,
Tax his work, tax his dirt.

Tax his chew, tax his smoke,
Teach him taxes are no joke.
Tax his car, tax his a*&,
Tax the roads he must pass.

Tax his tobacco, tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.
Tax his booze, tax his beers,
If he cries, tax his tears.

Tax his bills, tax his gas,
Tax his notes, tax his cash.
Tax him good and let him know
That after taxes, he has no dough.

If he hollers, tax him more,
Tax him until he's good and sore.
Tax his coffin, tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he lays.

Put these words upon his tomb,
"Taxes drove me to my doom!"
And when he's gone, we won't relax,
We'll still be after the inheritance TAX.

Pretty cute, huh?

And some goodies:

If you have a Maggie Moo's nearby, drop in for a free scoop!

Cinnabon is passing out bites from 5pm - 8pm!

T.G.I. Friday's is giving discount cards away today, for $5 - $10 .

McCormick & Schmick's has a special promo that includes entrees for $10.40. (Get it?)

Speaking of $10.40, you can get a large at Papa John's for that price if you order online today.

Free coffee at McD's . (Baltimore only!)

Save 15% at Walgreens with the coupon TAXED. (This one is good through 4/20)

Free cookies at Subway restaurants in New York.

And a little funny for you:

A man walked into the tax collector's office and sat down and smiled at everyone.

"May I help you?" said the clerk in charge.

"No," said the man. "I just wanted to meet the people I have been working for all these years."




So there ya go me darlin's! Have fun and eat well on Tax Day!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Taxes are fun!"

  1. ~*Michelle*~ says:
    April 18, 2009 at 9:39 PM

    oh so sorry I am only popping in today....I missed all the goodies!

    I just love the Peanuts cartoon....too funny!!!

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend...

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates