So we went to the Circus...




As you may recall, I love the circus. We finally went on Thursday, March 26th at the 1st Mariner Arena to the Ringling Bro.s and Barnum & Bailey Circus presents "Over The Top".

Thanks to MomCentral and Feld Entertainment, my whole family was able to see the elephants and acrobats, the clowns and trapeze artists, the aerialists and motorcyclists, the horses and even (I swear!) a porcupine. My daughter barely blinked throughout the entire show, and hardly spoke. (An amazing feat, in and of itself.) She was utterly mesmerized. And this was after the Feld Family Activator Event, during which she was able to meet real-live circus performers. (Oh, it was so cute!) Here are some pics:

Ketchup (Akos Gilcze) let Adam hold a baton, (That's our Meggie holding Lil'Man!)






And the lovely Jaqueline Lopez posed with LivvieBug. She also patiently listened to Liv tell her about school, and driving to the circus in the rain. Then she let Liv touch her hat, which really made her happy.


After the meet & greet, we entered the arena, and wow! The pre-show was sooooo cool! Multiple acts, including jugglers, goats, dancing clowns... you name it!



  • Costumes for dress-up were fun for the grown-ups, but our kiddo was a little creeped out.
  • Stilt walker, Liv was utterly astonished when he walked right over her head.
  • Lil' Man on the motorcycle lookin' very "Cool Rider" with that 70's hairdo.
  • Henry Higino of Clown Alley pausing for a quick pic during a clown-led line-dance. People were really getting down!

I took tons of pictures of the actual circus, but they really didn't come out very well. Still, it was an amazing show, and when they come to your town, I highly recommend that you go. It is an incredible family experience.


My absolute favorite part? That's a pretty even split between The Torres Family, (Steel Ball of Death, anyone?) and Daniel Raffo's tigers. The man had no time to play to the audience, he needs every bit of concentration for those gorgeous but deadly cats!

The elephants were wonderful, and the mini-horses were adorable. LivvieBug loved the trapeze artists, (far and away her favorite) and Lil Man, well he fell asleep mid-show. DH was all about the tigers, a performance he felt the rest of the audience didn't appreciate nearly enough. All in all, we had a "Great" time.



Here's one last shot for you guys.
Oh, how I love the Circus!
Oh, how I love the Ringling Bro.'s and Barnum & Bailey!
Oh, how I love MomCentral!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

4 Response to "So we went to the Circus..."

  1. MommyK says:
    April 3, 2009 at 10:31 AM

    I was going to come over and say hi, but my daughter was being clingy and you looked like you were busy anyway. We all liked the motorcycles in the stell ball the best. That's crazy!

  2. Katie Lyons says:
    April 4, 2009 at 1:43 PM

    That looks like so much fun! I haven't been to a circus since I was 6 I think. There was a man sitting next to me smoking and I asked him if he could please stop smoking, lol. Oddly, that's the only thing I remember about the circus....
    Love the last pic of you with that snazzy nose, by the way!
    ~Katie

  3. Shey says:
    April 5, 2009 at 2:08 AM

    Awesome! Your family obviously had tons of fun. Love the reindeer nose. Makes me excited and want to go to one too! Thanks for sharing!

    I'm going to search online if a circus is near us. :)

  4. Eli's Lids says:
    April 8, 2009 at 1:56 AM

    How silly are you!!! The clown nose pic of you should be your christmas card! LOL!
    I always go for the perfect shot christmas card but I got one last year that may have been their funniest shot and it was AWESOME.

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates