Menu Plan on Maybe Monday (My 1st!)

Oh, I love other people's memes. I really do. Hence this attempt at being as cool as Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie. (Remember on Friday, at my Ultimate Blog Party post when I mentioned how much I like to read about organization? Her blog is one of my faves.)

On Monday, you should plot your meals for the week. (This is called good advice.) I actually do this before every grocery trip. It's been a long, long time since I could afford to fill up a cart without bothering to compare price difference per ounce, plus coupon savings, vs. generic brand, and take as much time as I please strolling the treat-filled aisles for whatever catches my fancy. Ahhh, the good old days.

Here's an inside look at how I'll feed my family, this week anyway!

Monday: Pita Pocket Turkey Sandwiches and soup. (I'm cheating, but it's the Campbell's Select Harvest Light, which was on sale, and I had coupons, so don't judge me!) I'll be having Italian Wedding, yum.
*correction* I ended up making a frittata instead. Bacon, Potato & fresh Spinach.

Tuesday: Herb Roasted Chicken w/ root vegetables (carrots, onions, potatoes...the classics.)

Wednesday: Calzones (pizza dough wrapped around ricotta & mozzarella cheese, and leftover tomato sauce I made on Sunday) and spinach salad.

Thursday: Chicken & Roasted Pepper Quesadillas with refried beans (from Tuesday's leftover roasted chicken.)

Friday: Cashew Chicken, jasmine rice, stir-fry vegetables.

Saturday: Shrimp Scampi with Linguini. (Super fast, super flavorful. Always a hit.)

Sunday: Pork chops, corn-bread stuffing, and steamed broccoli & cauliflower.

Huh. Looks like I'm tring to cover all the major food groups. Italian, Mexican, American and Chinese! Sadly, not a new recipe in the whole group. Maybe next week.

I'm committing to more postings. I know you all are dying to read more of my barely comprehensible thoughts, and I'm complying! Sheesh!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Menu Plan on Maybe Monday (My 1st!)"

  1. Victoria says:
    March 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM

    Good menu plan, and cute layout!

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates