About that Digi-Scrap

'Cause This Is So Cool:

For those who care, or perhaps even are dying to know, I'll throw a little bit of myself out there, in the form of digital scrapping. (I am a beginner, mind you.)

One of the reasons why I fell for it, is the fact that I've always wanted to be one of the creative people. You know who you are. (Or, if you're like me, you know who you really...aren't.)

Anyway, Scrapbooking seems fun, and relatively easy. Pick cute stuff, arrange in a pleasing way, add photos. (Not quite that simple, but you get the idea.) It's also fairly expensive. And I hear the hardcore scrappers have tons of tools, embellishments, etc, and it takes up a whole lot of space. Well, I have neither the money or the space to spare. What I do have is a computer with lots of memory, a passion for finding freebies, and the willingness to try.

Yay, Digital Scrapping! For the super-duper beginner, I suggest CropMom. It's an online scrapbooking site. Free to register, lots of designer collections to play around with, even templates to help you get started. It's very simple to navigate, and a great way to learn what digi-scrap is like.

Here's one I did this morning in about 15 minutes, using about four different collections.
Cute, yeah? (Um, feel free to feed my ego down there in the comments section. Don't worry. I'll wait.)

And here's one using a premade template, (I added her name, though.):
See? Fun, easy. Later on in the week, I'll give you more beginner tips, but for now, check out CropMom online scrapbooking. I think you'll have fun there!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

8 Response to "About that Digi-Scrap"

  1. Kathryn says:
    March 24, 2009 at 10:38 AM

    What eye-catching layouts you've made! Your little guy and girl are so cute. You did a terrific job making a layout from scratch, as well as a terrific job on tweaking the layout made from a template. Thank you!

  2. Velma says:
    March 24, 2009 at 1:56 PM

    Your children make great subjects for your layouts. You are doing a great job. I can't believe that you are just beginning. Thanks for trying out CropMom.

  3. Shey says:
    March 24, 2009 at 2:31 PM

    Nice job! Very cute and your daughter looks adorable too.

    Thanks for the link, saved it already.

    Have a happy Tuesday!

  4. Cascia says:
    March 24, 2009 at 8:51 PM

    That is cute! I tried scrapbooking once, but I'm not a very crafty person. Maybe I could try digi scrap it might be a bit easier.

  5. Jodi says:
    March 25, 2009 at 8:14 AM

    I have an award waiting for you at my blog if you would like it. I enjoy your blog very much.

    http://www.jodisjourney.net

  6. Brooklyn Park says:
    March 25, 2009 at 9:19 AM

    You are an inspiration to all of us wannabe crafty people! I think i'll have to try this out, but i'm going to need some more pictures (hint, hint)

  7. cmwheeler says:
    March 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM

    Wow! You all have no idea how stoked I am about these comments. (I'm preening like nobody's business, lol!) Thank you, thank you!

    BTW, Brooklyn Park kills me.

  8. carma says:
    March 27, 2009 at 9:10 AM

    put a little shout-out to you today on my blog :-)

    http://carmasez.blogspot.com/2009/03/friday-favorites_27.html

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates