A prayer day

I've got lots of things to pray about and people to pray for; and praises to make and gratitudes, too.

You probably do, as well. Today I'd like to share some of mine, and I'd love to share some of yours. If you'd like me to include you in my prayers, please leave a comment, and I'll add you to my list!


Lord, I come to you with praise in my heart. Your love lifts me, and holds me too. I feel you all around me; even now, when my mind is running like Grand Central - everywhere.

As our family waits for news about our next assigned station, I know that Your will is at work, and wherever we end up, You will have some purpose for us there.
I am so grateful for DH's work in the Coast Guard, he loves his job, and it feels good to know that he is helping to protect our planet. The military life allows us to keep our heads above water, and allows me to stay at home with our children, so that I can raise them to know You, and that is a wonderful thing. Thank You for teaching me that stability does not come from a place, but from the environment we surround ourselves with. My children don't question our love, and it is a direct response to my knowledge of Your unquestioning love for me. I have been so heart-full, and as I read today, "My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over."

I ask for Your love and peace to be present in the lives of my brother and his family in this incredibly difficult time.

There are so many who are in need, in so many ways, not the least of which is emotional, and I pray that they are able to open themselves to Your grace in their lives. I think of 2 Corinthians 12:9; "...My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness."

I pray for the women of Lydia Circle, for The Twelve of Sierra Christian Ashram, for my extended family, and friends. I pray for the girls of India, and for the women of iSanctuary who are trying to help them. I pray for my church, and for yours. I pray for those who have none. I pray for the hungry, and the destitute, for the tired mothers, and the absentee fathers. I pray for the present and the future. I pray for the health of our planet, and I pray for the health of our economy. I pray for my children, and I pray for my husband.

From Psalms 37:24, I repeat "Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand." I believe this with my whole heart.

Lord, thank You for this time and place, for this medium and for this heartswell I have today. I am so abundantly blessed. Praise to You, King of Kings, Almighty Father, Blessed Redeemer!

Amen

(Psst...I didn't mention names because some people get weird about that, but I was thinking about them!)


Thanks for reading all the way through. I sure do appreciate it. I would love to pray for you, if you would like, just throw me a comment, and I will get right on it!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "A prayer day"

  1. Michele says:
    February 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM

    I love your blog! I came across it from another blog. plan on following you. BTW...could you say a small prayer for my family...going through hard times right now...actually for the past 2 years it's been getting worse and worse. The economy is kicking our butts, and with a family of 7 kids one with disabilities, debt and a small business...its not a good thing. Thank you very much.

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates