So - I'm like freaking out a little

Have any of you ever heard about Vacation Bible School? (also handily shortened to VBS)

Let me tell you how I, a rank amateur, ended up sweating the fact that I'll be teaching (guiding, herding) more than twenty 3-year-olds come Monday morning.

I love my church. Really (and I never, never thought those words would come out of my mouth.) I decided some months back that I needed to be more involved in both the church and the community. So, I joined a womens group, called Lydia Circle. At the second meeting, one of the ladies was talking about VBS (she is of course the director); and lamented her lack of three volunteers to complete the ranks of teachers for this weeklong summer program.

I can honestly say that I thought, "Aw - that's too bad. I hope she finds people in time." But what I said was this, "I'd love to help out." WHAT? Was that me? I actually heard the words, but I certainly had no intention of volunteering! What just happened here? (Lord, they say You work in mysterious ways, but literally putting words in my mouth ... I'm shocked.)

Kathy jumped right on them, and now I am preparing to face a room full of other people's children to teach them about God and Jesus. I barely feel capable of explaining it all to my own three year old. What on earth am I doing?

So, of course I'm praying that I'll remember not to swear, or take his name in vain, or lose my temper or, you know, accidentally turn them to the dark side. Do me a favor ya'll...pray for me too. (And those kids, please pray for those poor children. They have no more idea of what they're getting into than I do!)
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

3 Response to "So - I'm like freaking out a little"

  1. KentuckyGal says:
    July 27, 2008 at 9:11 AM

    Consider yerself prayed over. ;)

  2. Military Wife says:
    July 28, 2008 at 11:18 AM

    Your on the list, Thanks for joining Drop on Top!

  3. Roger DJ says:
    July 29, 2008 at 11:32 AM

    Good , you're sweating it ! Now it's time for a reality check in your own relationship with Jesus. Kids are more in tune spiritually than most grownups. They'll be fine, but you might find yourself looking in a spiritual mirror. IT's a good time to be on your own knees. A Lot !
    By now you're in the thick of it. May God help you to lead those precious little ones to Him.

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates