Hey - I'm almost famous!



Just a quick note to tell ya'll about my brief brush with fame. No, no - I'm not talking about Al again. I just found out that I won Stonyfield Farms monthly recipe contest. Check me out under the June 2008 Winners for my super-tasty Curried Tuna Sandwich. (Yes, curried tuna - it's totally delicious.) And looky-here at what I won:






They asked me to send in a headshot. I'm not really much of one for being in front of the camera. So - I didn't have a whole lot to choose from. I picked this one, tell me what you think.



I'm pretty cheeky (ha, ha - get it? Yeah, *sigh*, sorry) but I thought maybe the angled head would...oh, alright, but believe me when I tell you, it's one of the best pictures I've taken since my first pregnancy. (Also - it was taken by the fruit of said pregnancy, which tells you exactly how that particular camera broke not more than 15 minutes after that picture was taken.) But I digress. Ummm, make some yummy sandwiches or something, eat some Stonyfield yogurt, and stop looking at me like that!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

10 Response to "Hey - I'm almost famous!"

  1. Mean Muggs says:
    July 17, 2008 at 1:59 PM

    That Liv is the next Ansel Adams!! I think the pic is great. Congrats on the well deserved win, you can be the next Paula Deen!

  2. Judy Haley says:
    July 18, 2008 at 2:05 PM

    thats a really cute shot - and congratulations on the recipe

  3. Military Wife says:
    July 22, 2008 at 11:39 AM

    Congratulations! Are they going to publish your recipe? I like the picture. I know what you mean, I am never on that side of the camera so I have a hard time finding a picture of myself that I like.

  4. Kim says:
    July 22, 2008 at 1:07 PM

    Congrats! I love the picture.

  5. Tink says:
    July 23, 2008 at 9:40 AM

    Congratulations!!! The picture is cute!

  6. Sassy Mama Bear says:
    July 23, 2008 at 11:39 AM

    Congratulations, what a wonderful thing to win. I am always too chicken to enter a recipe, because I rarely follow them.

  7. Laane says:
    July 23, 2008 at 5:54 PM

    Congratulations!
    With winning and with the photo!

    Enjoy!

  8. Ankit says:
    July 24, 2008 at 2:40 PM

    i just loved that red t-shirt....can u parcel me.......lol

    congo

  9. quitecontrary1977 says:
    July 25, 2008 at 11:51 AM

    that's huge! congratulations! you kind of are famous now!

  10. KentuckyGal says:
    July 26, 2008 at 7:21 PM

    Hey, congrats on winning the contest!

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates