Seven Things I Really Love Right Now...

In my very first post I mentioned that I am a Gemini. For those of you who are all about astrology, you totally get me. For those who aren't , please click on this quick explanation. Now, now - I'm not trying to turn you to the dark side, it's just fun - and a darn accurate description of my personality.

What I mean to say is that I really love stuff, right up until I really love something else (though people are entirely different - I'm not sure I ever truly stopped loving anyone).

Today, on this Maybe Monday, I'd like to tell you about Seven Things I Really Love Right Now:

Uno: I really love Baby Toolkit - self-described geeks with loads of personality. I love that they named their son Ranger, and I love that they are so willing to check stuff out for the rest of us who are floundering in the dark. Though I am a little intimidated by the miles long category list, I do like to randomly grab one to see just what Jim & Adrienne have to say about cardboard, or marshmallows, social justice or zip-ties. (Don't those last two almost go together?) For your pleasure, they are even hosting a giveaway right now featuring Annabel Karmel's new Toddler Cookbook. I have to warn you though - the pics posted of those delish-looking banana muffins are heady. You may need to snack before you dive in!

Dos: I really love Prizey. Maybe you've noticed how often I refer to giveaways - that's 'cause they are awesome! I've even won a few, and I owe it all to Prizey, a blog giveaway round-up that I check a couple of times a day. You should love them too - so check them out, you won't be disappointed. Also - because of the good folks over there I've found so many of my fave blogs. Thanks Guys! (I even have a Prizey widget to the left, if you're interested!)

Tres: I really love craigslist. If you haven't heard of craigslist, then you must live in a cave. You name it - it can be found there, ad-free and at your own risk! You can access it via individualized localities, mine is baltimore.craigslist.org, for example. Work, play, home and more - it's all there!



Quatro: I really love italian cookies. Yum. Yum, yum. I bought a small container from a local diner yesterday and it brought me right back to my childhood. They literally melt in your mouth. Find an italian bakery today and buy some! You will not be sorry, I promise. (photo courtesy of freefoto.com)

Cinco: I love Steve & Barry's. Seriously, I think this may be my all-time fave clothing retailer. Featuring clothing lines from the likes of no less than Sarah Jessica Parker, Amanda Bynes, Venus Williams, Stephan Marbury, and Ben Wallace - at prices from $20 and under (Yes! you read that right!) Last week during their close-out sale I spent $160 and picked up a purse, belt, sneakers, dress flats, a LBD (or little black dress), pretty ivory sweater, tuxedo style pinstripe top, three tee's, hoodie, two pairs of dress pants and denim capris. It's practically an entire wardrobe! Love, love these guys!

Seis: I love scanimation, "optically animated artwork that engages, awes and inspires!" Particularly in board-book form. Specifically Gallop! by Rufus Butler Seder. So cute, and both my three year old daughter and eight month old son are totally enraptured. Mr. Seder is the founder of EyeThink, Inc. EyeThink sells rulers, greeting cards and sun-catchers all featuring this very neat technique. Use this link to check out what it looks like, http://www.eyethinkinc.com/greetingcards/images/smartdemo.wmv and run to a bookstore near you for Gallop! 'Round here we like to "glippety-gloap-gloap" with the turtles.



Siete: I really love that twenty minute chunk of time when both of my children are asleep during the day. Sometimes I clean, or attend to my bath, but mostly I just sit down and breathe in the quiet. Ahhhh.










  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

3 Response to "Seven Things I Really Love Right Now..."

  1. e says:
    February 25, 2008 at 2:37 PM

    Hi
    You have a great blog!
    Let me invite you to:
    eBambi
    Present yourself
    and meet your friends.
    Join now:
    http://www.ebambi.com

  2. Mogul says:
    February 28, 2008 at 2:29 AM
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  3. Kristen M. says:
    May 20, 2008 at 6:28 PM

    We love Gallop! too. I might even love it more than my kids.

Copyright 2009 O'Joy of my life...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates